More Gore-y Details
Ed Farnan had a great article in “Irish Central” this past January. He titled it, “As depth of betrayal sinks in, followers of Al Gore feel confused and misled.”
“In the history of mankind there are countless instances of cult figures who have led their followers to ruin and disillusionment. Names like Jim Jones, The Pied Piper, Bernie Madoff … and a whole host of TV evangelists have done their damage … But cults have not only lead their followers to death, destruction, financial and spiritual ruin; many of them have brought those repercussions to the rest of society.
“Former vice president, Al Gore, is a prime example of a modern day cult figure to his followers. His warning against man-caused global warming, causing ice caps to melt, catastrophic storms to wipe us out and cause mass extinctions, is all based on the burning of fossil fuels to power our civilization.
“Followers/True Believers of Mr. Gore, burn with religious fervor as they recite historic temperature variations & green house gas concentrations, proving the earth is headed towards certain destruction due to the burning of fossil fuels. We must repent now!
“But all the while, Mr. Gore was making hundreds of millions from his ‘work’ and many of the green movements/companies that get government funding have Mr. Gore’s fingerprints on them somewhere.
“But crushingly, Gore’s followers are starting to realize Mr. Gore’s feet are made of clay. He sold his failing ‘Current’ cable-vision station for about $ 500 million – which he personally gets $ 100 million – to the anti-American Al-Jazeera media company … which is owned by the fossil-fuel-rich royal family of Qatar.
“Gore rushed to close the deal before the first of the year to avoid the very capital gains tax hikes that he has advocated for others less well off.
“In one fell swoop, Mr. Gore has enhanced a fossil-fuel consortium, attempted to beat tax hikes he has advocated that others should pay and empowered an anti-American media conglomerate.
“The blatant hypocrisy and betrayal to the cause has not been lost on his followers who have expressed shock and bewilderment that their titular leader of the ‘green movement’ sold them out for 100 million pieces of silver.
“Employees of Current TV, have been quoted as saying, according to Fox News: “‘He has no credibility. He’s supposed to be the face of clean energy and just sold the channel to very big oil, the emir of Qatar! Current never even took big oil advertising – and Al Gore, that bull@#$%ter, sells to the emir?’
“The displeasure with Gore among the staff was thick enough to cut with a scimitar.
“‘We all know now that Al Gore is nothing but a bull@#$%ter,’ said one staffer bluntly. ‘Al was always lecturing us about green. He kept his word about green all right – as in cold, hard cash!’
“All of this from a former vice president who crusades for ending our reliance on fossil fuels and for raising taxes on the wealthy.
“Let’s hope this cult story doesn’t end badly for the rest of us.” –
Let’s also hope that Gore’s followers get around to reading what James M. Taylor has to say about Gore’s book, “An Inconvenient Truth”. Mr. Taylor proves that instead of telling the truth, Gore distorted science and ignored data that disproved alleged “global warming”. And he gives examples.
– Gore claimed that Himalayan Glaciers are shrinking and global warming is to blame. Yet the September 2006 issue of the American Meteorological Society’s “Journal of Climate” reported “Glaciers are growing in the Himalayan Mountains, confounding global warming alarmists who recently claimed the glaciers were shrinking and global warming was to blame.”
– Gore also claimed that global warming is causing Mt. Kilimanjaro’s snowcap to shrink. Yet “Nature” magazine reported in its November 23, 2006 issue: “Although it’s tempting to blame the ice loss on global warming … deforestation of the mountain’s foothills is the more likely culprit. Without the forest’s humidity, previous moisture-laden winds blew dry. No longer replenished with water, the ice is evaporating in the strong equatorial sunshine.”
– The African deserts are expanding due to global warming, warned Gore. Yet the September 6, edition of “New Scientist” said, “Africa’s deserts are in spectacular retreat … making farming viable again in what were some of the most arid parts of Africa.”
– Gore also claimed Greenland was in rapid meltdown, threatening to raise sea levels by 20 feet. Yet a 2005 study in the “Journal of Glaciology” said, “… the Greenland ice sheet is thinning and margins are growing inland, with a small overall mass gain.” Mr. Taylor further reported, “… in late 2006, researchers at the Danish Meteorological Institute reported that the last two decades were the coldest in Greenland since the 1910s.”
– As for Gore’s claim that global warming is melting the Antarctic sheet, the January 2002 issue of “Nature” magazine reported Antarctica as a whole has been dramatically cooling for decades. Scientists reported in the 2006 journal “Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Series A: Mathematical, Physical, and Engineering Sciences”, that “… satellite measurements of the Antarctic ice sheet showed significant growth between 1992 and 2003”. Further, Mr. Taylor stated, the U.N. Climate Change panel reported in February 2007 that, “Antarctica is unlikely to lose any ice mass during the remainder of the century.”-
[Global warming, climate change, greening – or whatever the cultists call it – it’s really a hoax.]